Roben Manufacturing creates a wide range of equipment found in the Energy, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Fertilizer and Life Science industries, and is mainly dedicated to:
- Detailed engineering and fabrication of Pressure Vessels, Reactors, Tanks, Columns and Heat Exchangers in alloy and clad materials, for aggressive environments and petrochemical plants;
- Development of weld processes and manufacturing techniques in alloy materials; and,
- Engineering and design and manufacturing of Shell and Tube Vaporizers (STV) for LNG facilities.
Roben Manufacturing has immediate long-term career opportunities for experienced Welders to work in an ASME certified shop. Fit/Weld per ASME code specifications that apply to pressure vessel and heat exchanger fabrication. Have experience in MIG, TIG, welding and grinding necessary. Excellent salary, bonus, benefits, and possible overtime. Understand and apply welding techniques; work quickly and skillfully with the hands; accept responsibility for the work performed; visualize what the finished product should look like; operate welding equipment with skill.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weld using MIG,TIG and SAW processed per ASME code per engineering drawing
- Plan, develop, and execute project assignments and develop techniques for fit up of shells, nozzles, heads, tubesheets and related appurtenances
- Prepare setup of products for welding with rollers and positioners
- Edge preparation – Prepare, carbon arc, grind, and clean product to be welded
- Keep records of hours logged to the jobs
- Keep work area clean and safe / Follow all safe work practices
- Attend work on the schedule established by Roben and without excessive absenteeism
- Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding.
- Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joins edges of work piece.
- Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
- Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding).
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Grind or clean weld joint of work piece.
- Repair improperly welded pieces and fill holes.
- Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig fixture.
- Tack assemblies together.
- Fabricate new or replacement parts for pressure vessels
- Assemble component parts using hand and small power tools.
- May change hoses, fittings, air valves, suspension parts, etc.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare dimensions on the welding parts (i.e., fillet weld)
- Any other request by supervisors as required
- Obtain parts and materials
- Access area to be welded by climbing ladder or scaffolding if needed.
- Clean up work area daily.
- Lift more than 50 pounds
- Be able to stand on feet for 10 hours at a time. Be able to enter confined spaces for up to 10 hours at a time.
- Able to interpret blueprints and understand welding symbols
- Able to interpret welding procedures and basic measurement computations
- Minimum of 2 years fit up experience with knowledge of TIG, MIG and SAW processes
- Minimum of 1 year experience with ASME Code Manufacturing (Preferred)
- Able to pass NDT Inspections for Liquid Penetrant and Radiographic Testing
- Must be able to weld plate in 1G, 2G and 3G positions for test plates
- Experience welding stainless steel and nickel alloys
- Ability to operate equipment (i.e., burning torches, grinders, cranes, forklifts, etc.)
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Work with safety and ethics
Physical Requirements: Frequent kneeling, standing, pushing, and lifting
Job Type: Full Time/Part Time
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, vision, dental benefits
- Outstanding 401k w/ profit sharing
- Time to recharge – 7 paid holidays and 12 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)