I. Who We Are
Established in 1955, Roben Manufacturing, Inc. creates a wide range of equipment found in the Energy, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Fertilizer and Life Science industries, and is mainly dedicated to:
- Detailed engineering and fabrication of Pressure Vessels, Reactors, Tanks, Columns and Heat Exchangers in alloy and clad materials, for aggressive environments and petrochemical plants;
- Development of weld processes and manufacturing techniques in alloy materials; and,
- Engineering and design and manufacturing of Shell and Tube Vaporizers (STV) for LNG facilities.
II. Position Summary: Polisher/Grinder
Roben Manufacturing has immediate long-term career opportunities for experienced Polisher/Grinder to work in an ASME code certified shop. Polish Stainless Steel to specified RA / Grit finishes, adhering to USDA and pharmaceutical standards and specifications that apply to pressure vessel and heat exchanger fabrication. Previous experiences working with different metal surface finishes is necessary. Excellent salary, bonus, benefits, and possible overtime. Understand and apply welding techniques; work quickly and skillfully with the hands; accept responsibility for the work performed; visualize what the finished product should look like; operate welding equipment with skill.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Polish Stainless Steel to specified RA / Grit finishes, adhering to USDA and pharmaceutical standards.
- File grooved, contoured, and irregular surfaces of metal objects, such as metal plate, metalworking dies and machine parts, to conform to templates, other parts, layouts, or blueprint specifications.
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Load and adjust workpieces onto equipment or work tables, using hand tools.
- Select files or other abrasives, according to materials, sizes and shapes of workpieces, amount of stock to be removed, finishes specified, and steps in finishing processes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study blueprints or layouts to determine how to lay out workpieces, saw out templates, make jigs to facilitate polishing or grinding of various widths and lengths.
- Verify quality of finished workpieces by inspecting them, comparing them to templates, measuring their dimensions, or testing the RA.
- Repair and maintain polishing and sanding equipment, objects, or parts.
- Sharpen abrasive grinding tools, using machines and hand tools.
Physical Requirements: Frequent kneeling, standing, pushing, and lifting of objects weighing at least 35 pounds.
Job Type: Full Time/Part Time
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, vision, dental benefits
- Outstanding 401k w/ profit sharing
- Time to recharge – 7 paid holidays and 12 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)